Welcome to Barrington Medical Centre
Barrington Medical Centre in Altrincham is a long-established medical practice comprising of four family doctors, both male and female, working within a partnership along with the support of a salaried GP and a team of nurses - we take pride in offering our patients the very highest standards of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for chronic disease care and offer a wide variety of other medical services such as antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, diabetes checks, childhood vaccinations and well-person check-ups.
Our website contains all the information that you might need about the practice and how to access and use our services. There is also a wealth of general health-related information.
'News and Information'
Book your flu jab now !
Are you aged 65+, under 65 but suffer from a chronic condition, a carer or pregnant ? If so then you are recommended to have the seasonal flu jab.
Contact our reception team now to book your appointment in one of our dedicated flu vaccination clinics - please see the tab on the right hand side for further information.
Children aged between 2 and 4 years old between specific dates will receive an invitation to dedicated flu clinics in a few weeks.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION -
We're getting a new computer system !
In October we will be upgrading our computer system to ensure that our I.T. is sufficiently robust and compliant to enable us to provide you with the appropriate service that you need.
What does this mean for our patients ?
- Staff Training - in late September we will be undertaking some staff training which will mean that our telephones will be unavailable for one hour at lunchtime twice weekly
- Flu vaccinations - will be available early this year, from the first week of October. After that first week we will not be offering flu vaccinations until later that month onwards.
- Online services - for repeat medication will not be available for one week, Monday 6th October until Friday 10th October. Please ensure that you have an adequate supply of repeat medication.
- Online services - for appointment booking will be restricted. From Friday 26th September you will not be able to book or cancel an appointment from 8th October onwards - please contact our reception team by telephone. Online appointment booking will be reinstated shortly after we move over to our new system on 8th October.
- Changeover day - will be Wednesday 8th October. Although we will have more staff available than normal, please bear with us as we will inevitably be running slightly slower than usual.
We thank you for your co-operation.
Urgent Medical Care - when the surgery is open or closed
This was the theme of our practice survey in 2013. We have worked with our Patient Participation Group to consider the actions we might take as a result of the survey - a copy of the full report is available by clicking the tab on the right hand side or in our waiting room at the practice.
As a result of the survey we have produced a new patient information leaflet which explains urgent medical care services available - that is also available on this website via the appointments tab, or as a paper leaflet in our main waiting room.
Thank you to all our patients who participated in this year's survey and to our Patient Participation Group for giving consideration to the results, the report that we produced and the actions that we have taken.
Dr Rebecca Heaney- maternity leave -
Dr Heaney will be returning from maternity leave in mid November. Our maternity locum, Dr Megan Powell, continues to cover Dr Heaney's surgeries until she returns.
How your care data is used by NHS England
Important information about how your care data is used is available under our 'Policies' section - please take a moment to read this infomation as it is important that you have an understanding about what is planned so that you can make an informed choice.
You are now able to book GP appointments and order repeat medication online through emis Patient Access. Take a look in the 'Further Information' section to understand more - this service will replace our current prescription ordering process and you will need to make the change before the end of November this year.
Patient Participation Group
Would you like to be involved in how we deliver our services ? Why not join our Patient Participation Group - take a look at the information on the right hand side of this page.
*APPOINTMENTS : Huge numbers of GP and Practice Nurse appointments are wasted each year simply because they are missed. We always experience a high demand for appointments and when a patient does not attend this is a wasted opportunity for another patient to receive the medical care that they need. You can help by making sure that you either keep or cancel your appointment - the earlier that you cancel the better, but it's never too late to cancel.
*Persistent non-attendance of arranged appointments is not considered acceptable at this practice and may impact on whether you are able to obtain medical care through us
(Site updated 26/09/2014)